Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowboy Crash!

Lowboy Crash!

Here are some pics of the crash we were in about 2 years ago. The other driver who did survive, crossed the center line and ran into us during some icy road conditions. These pics were taken before the wrecker did any pulling. Thank goodness our driver was ok but was none to happy about the damage to his trailer. We still to this day are having trouble with are axles being out of alignment.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Don' t ever trust a man that doesn't cuss.:

From looking at the truck that crossed the center line, its amazing that driver survived. I would just about bet that those axles are bent.

Especially the center axle , the inside tyre is touching the bolster .

Wow!! I'm just stunned. I've been in emergency services for 30 years and looking at these pictures I wouldn't have expected the driver to have survived. What an incredible amount of damage.

Its hard enough keeping good rubber on those lowboys, without having to rub them the wrong way. Seems like no matter how it happens when someone hits your equipment you always seem to come up short on the repairs, not to mention the down time. and the aggravation. I was looking at your location. Where is Orstraya?

That driver that crossed the center may have survived, but he has got to be hurt. I think the fact that he survived could be clasisified in the miracle column. Have you any knowledge of the extent of the other drivers injuries or if he was able to recover without serious disability?

Quote Originally Posted by dpatrick View Post
    Where is Orstraya?
    Orstraya = Australia

I had a feeling that was down under. Is this your summertime over there?

G'day , yes it is our summer time . I think it will be a bad year for fires too . We have had good rains and everything is growing like Triffids . Once it dies off it will be a Tinder Box .

That axle may not be bent , if it's air bag the force could have rotated the alignment cam washer .

If it is spring the force could have elongated the track rod eyes . It really needs checking out with a Jonsram Laser or the like .

is that a murray interstater trailer?

Wow!
    SO MOTE IT BE.
    the qball fan club
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=42336642940
    the qball youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/qball671

Quote Originally Posted by Dualie View Post
    is that a murray interstater trailer?
    I think so but, the newer models have a small beaver tail...........os IDK for sure!
    Live the Low Life, Put it in the dirt!!

Probationary Member
    I live in california and am in Local 12. I have been outta work since jan 3rd of 2008. Does anyone know of any work out there? Anywhere in the worlld, I don't care where it is. I can run scrapers, loaders, blades for rough grading, rubber tire compactors, and any size dozer, but the last 2 years doing mostly d-8 finish with gps trimble equipment. If anyone knows how to find some work out there, can u let me in or how to find links to places that are hiring please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brey201 View Post
    I live in california and am in Local 12. I have been outta work since jan 3rd of 2008. Does anyone know of any work out there? Anywhere in the worlld, I don't care where it is. I can run scrapers, loaders, blades for rough grading, rubber tire compactors, and any size dozer, but the last 2 years doing mostly d-8 finish with gps trimble equipment. If anyone knows how to find some work out there, can u let me in or how to find links to places that are hiring please!!!
    um welcome to HEF but please dont hijack someone elces thread, after you have 3 posts you can start your own thread, thanks! good luck!
    Live the Low Life, Put it in the dirt!!

Probationary Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tonka View Post
    um welcome to HEF but please dont hijack someone elces thread, after you have 3 posts you can start your own thread, thanks! good luck!
    What is a thread and I apologize. I didnt try to offend anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast