PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Allis parts

SunServicesLLC
10-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Just wondering how hard it is to find parts for a mid 80's wheel loader that im looking at for pushing snow. It needs some motor work and was curious to the availibility of parts.
Thanks
Brian

512TR
11-09-2007, 09:12 AM
My first post, got a Fiat Allis 645-B this summer:)

You can try worldtractorparts.com

http://www.worldtractorparts.com/FiatAllis.htm

The say:
New, Used, and Rebuilt Fiat Allis Parts available for all major Fiat Allis and Allis Chalmers Machines. Parts are usually available from one day to the next depending on Availability and how quickly you need them. We stand behind our parts 100%, so if you are not completely satisfied, please let us know and we will make every effort to meet your needs. Please give us a call today or email us for all your Fiat Allis and Allis Chalmers needs.

SunServicesLLC
11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
passed on the machine but thanks

Countryboy
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome to HEF 512TR! :drinkup

512TR
11-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Thanks Countryboy,

New member-old loader.

Hi, new guy here.

This summer I got an old Fiat Allis 645-B wheel loader, it’s a 1975 mod.

I’m new to wheel loaders and heavy machines, but quite familiar with cars and bikes.

I’m building a house high up in the hills and needed the loader to prepare the area around the house and build a new road to the house.

Is I understand the engine is the weak point on these machines, on this loader the stock Fiat engine is replaced with a Volvo TD70 engine.

Are there other things I have to check (except for general maintenance)?

The loader was in reasonable good shape, have done some fixing… removed the old rusty exhaust and air filter and build a new 3” custom exhaust, and put on a simple cone air filter.
Fixed the electrical and did some painting.

Here’s how it looked when I bought it

512TR
11-10-2007, 02:51 AM
After some general fixing.... now the loader works pretty well and I have done a lot of work and the property... :)

RonG
11-10-2007, 05:13 AM
Great pics of a nice old loader and lovely house lot.I bet the loader sounds pretty good now with that small swelling in the exhaust pipe!!Ron G

wrenchbender
11-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi 512TR, and welcome to HEF that is a nice looking loader. Be sure to keep an eye on the plantetary gears. I'm not sure on the 645's but on the 605-b's they tend to give a little trouble.

surfer-joe
11-10-2007, 02:18 PM
The 645 and 545 were some of AC's best models, along with the larger 745. In my experience, the engines in these models were one of the better features with little trouble given proper maintenance. In Florida, AC almost had the market cornered for these size loaders. In West Virginia, nearly every coal tipple had several of them around tho they were being phased out by the mid to late 80's.

512TR
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the replies,

One week ago we got the first snow, I was lucky to find 4 new snow chains for a good price.

Put chains on the front, the rear tires are TOYO snow tires with studs…will see how they perform before I put chain on the rear.

512TR
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
A couple of tire questions:

What’s the correct air pressure for the 20.5R25 tires?

My front tires (not rear) are liquid filled, is there any reason to keep them with liquid?

Nicker
11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Great pics, Those are worth 1000 words.

wrenchbender
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
My front tires (not rear) are liquid filled, is there any reason to keep them with liquid?

For traction with an empty bucket & maybe a better ride.

wrenchbender
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome to HEF Nicker.

512TR
11-13-2007, 04:37 AM

For traction with an empty bucket & maybe a better ride.

Thanks, that make sense:)

Serv
11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
A couple of tire questions:

What’s the correct air pressure for the 20.5R25 tires?

Looks like you're running radials all the way around (michelins in front?). Normally, the tire's air pressure requirements are different depending on the type of machine and operating weight.

If you're gonna be doing a lot of loading, I'd run 45 in front and 30 or so in the rear. You might check with Michelin on this as both under inflation or over inflation are a somewhat critical part of the tire's life.

I don't know much about running liquid in earthmover tires, but I would definitely pull a small sample to try and figure out exactly what it is. I have heard of this in farm tires though. That's another thing you might ask michelin about. :D

As for fiat allis parts, these guys have a pretty good inventory of Fiat Allis parts left over.

http://www.aedauthorized.com/dealer-home.cfm?org_id=67263.0

512TR
11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Looks like you're running radials all the way around (michelins in front?). Normally, the tire's air pressure requirements are different depending on the type of machine and operating weight.

If you're gonna be doing a lot of loading, I'd run 45 in front and 30 or so in the rear. You might check with Michelin on this as both under inflation or over inflation are a somewhat critical part of the tire's life.

I don't know much about running liquid in earthmover tires, but I would definitely pull a small sample to try and figure out exactly what it is. I have heard of this in farm tires though. That's another thing you might ask michelin about. :D

As for fiat allis parts, these guys have a pretty good inventory of Fiat Allis parts left over.

http://www.aedauthorized.com/dealer-home.cfm?org_id=67263.0

Yes, all 4 are radials, front are Bridgestone VKT and rear are Toyo Snow T371, now there are 45 PSI in both front and rear.

The liquid is Calcium Chloride (saltwater), will not freeze before -40 celsius.

Bridgestone VKT

BoomRider
11-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Hey mate! Nice restoration job! She looks like a beauty!!!

You've got some fantastic views from your block!

Looks like that old girl can cut a nice level!

raj000
12-17-2007, 02:25 AM
We wish to partner with someone who can market/sell a obsolete inventory management service to a community of auto/heavy machinery/or fleet owners.

We will host the application, provide and maintain the software. The partner will talk to the community of parts owners. We will charge a monthly recurring fee for offering the service to a community.

We have designed and developed a software which can be used to upload a database of obsolete inventory by the owner of the inventory using a simple excel sheet. When a community of a 100 members uploads a list of 100 obsolete parts using a simple excel sheet, what we get is a database of 10,000 obsolete parts. The USP of this application is the ease of use it offers. There is no screen clutter and all actions are performed through the use of excel. Typically, the community members will come from the same industry , for example, truck owners, who wish to share information on availability of parts.

This solution would be ideal for a community where the value of the part is fairly high, i.e above $2000 for each part as this can justify the effort required in compiling the parts data by the community members.

Thanks

JBE
01-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey , I also just got me a Fiat Allis 645-B , i'm looking for any kind of manual,technical documentation etc. It's not so easy to find any thing here in Denmark , so everything would be a great help for me.
Thanks from Denmark

512TR
01-05-2008, 02:11 AM
Hey , I also just got me a Fiat Allis 645-B , i'm looking for any kind of manual,technical documentation etc. It's not so easy to find any thing here in Denmark , so everything would be a great help for me.
Thanks from Denmark

Hey Jesper, congrats with the 645-B :scool.

I ordered service manual and operators manual from SSB tractor, go down to Tractor Manual Search an fill in 645-B..http://www.ssbtractor.com/

512TR
01-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Hey mate! Nice restoration job! She looks like a beauty!!!

You've got some fantastic views from your block!

Looks like that old girl can cut a nice level!

Thanks mate,

posing pics :)

dirthog
01-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Don't know why you would load the front tires the rears yes when you are digging or moving material the rear would be light we almost always either load the rear tires or add more counterweight at our dealership. never anything in the front thats what a loaded bucket is for. We have sold thousands of Those old AllisChalmbers - Fiat-Allis since the dealer started back in the 50ths.

512TR
01-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't know why you would load the front tires the rears yes when you are digging or moving material the rear would be light we almost always either load the rear tires or add more counterweight at our dealership. never anything in the front thats what a loaded bucket is for. We have sold thousands of Those old AllisChalmbers - Fiat-Allis since the dealer started back in the 50ths.

I didnt load the front tires, they were loaded when I bought the loader.... my question was is there any reason to keep them liquid filled?

Maybe the previous owner used the loader much off-road and load the front for better traction and stability with an empty bucket, I dont know..:beatsme ?

dirthog
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
That what I am saying I would swap the rear and front tires put the loaded ones in the back especialy if you intend to do any diging with the machine

rglover
01-07-2008, 07:23 AM
I have a 545 B Fiat Allis wheel loader and the transmission fluid is getting into the hydraulic resevoir. It looks like you guys eat, sleep, & drink loaders and thought someone might know how to fix it. I would appreciate some help!

DirtHauler
01-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Welcome to HEF rglover!

And yes I also believe that there are more than one of us here that think yellow iron makes the world go round. :D

doinok
01-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys, New to forum. Just bought a 745C and having to work on the transmission. I can not find any docs. on this machine. Does anybody know anything about it? I cannot find out who makes the engine or tranny!

Countryboy
01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums rglover! :drinkup

Countryboy
01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums doinok! :drinkup

dirthog
01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
The engine was made by Fiat-Allis the transmission was made by Allison BUT most were not a off the shelf transmission. They were made just for Fiat-Allis you can still buy most parts for that machine though.

doinok
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
dirthog,
do you know the transmission numbers that were used? I have an Allison dealer in town to get parts from but I need a #. Also I cannot find any #'s on the engine. Looks like the data plate is missing off the side of engine. I think the engines in the 745c were either the 645, 10000 or 11000. I am pulling the engine and tranny thursday. I should be able to find something on the tranny case.

dirthog
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
No I do not know the Number for the Transmission I will look tomorrow when i get to work the engine would be a model 11000 though that was in all the 745 series as far back as I can remember or worked on. Fiat did change the model # on some of the newest engines but not sure if they were ever put in the 745

doinok
01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the info.

I have the ser# if that helps any.

dirthog
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
The transmission md # is TT-4720 also some of the very late 745C had a 685T engine same basic engine as 11000

doinok
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I really appriciate the info. I just ordered a trans service manual from Newholland. Now I have to figure out what the trans and engine weight. I have to rent a skytrack to pull them.

dirthog
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
The transmission and engine each weight is around 2000# that is not the heavy part the transmission comesout through the top you must remove the cab and whole floor assy it was about all I wanted to lift with the 6000# crains we had on our service trucks till you got it swung out of the way to set it down

doinok
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks, your info really helps. When you pulled the tranny, and had to remove the cab, did you pull the radiator and support or left it. I pulled the support and it looks like I can snake the eng and trans back and then up. I just rented a extended fork Skytrack. That should allow me to control height and longitudal movement.

dirthog
01-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't believe it will come out that way it will hit the rear axle support before you can get it high enough to clear, you only have a couple of in's of clearence. We always pulled the cab and floor on any of the loaders From the 945B to the FR35 to remove the trans. Infact the 345B you have to take the rear axle support loose to even get the engine out. Just be sure and remove the flex plate bolts between the engine and transmission before you try and seperate them there is a small plate right below the rear oil filter housing for axcess (on the bellhousing) and you will have to remove the filter canister also. then barr the engine over believe there are 12 bolts in that 3/8 fine thread. And they can be a ***** to get out and line up when you put it back together if you bend up the flex plates.

cgfreeland
01-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Considering and FR-10 purchase any thoughts, suggestions?

dirthog
01-18-2008, 09:50 PM
The main problem with the fr series of loaders is they were all Fiat_Allis and very few people make any aftermarket parts for them where as the old Allis-Chalmbers had been around a long time and parts are more plentiful New Holland does not care about supplying parts for the older equipment

cgfreeland
01-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Any idea on parts availability on the FR-20?

Cotterpin
01-19-2008, 10:04 PM
We currently have an FR-20 settin' in repair row with trans trouble . Times past we needed parts and had to check salvage yard stock after local dealer bowed out . Not too many 20's around our area I guess . Carlisle Equipment in Louieville Ky is where we start for parts .

angelsairman
02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Im looking for parts and info in english on a benati G53 backhoe. I know at some point they were related to Fiat

tobs
11-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I have a 745c and the loader won't work untill the oil gets pretty warm. It just moves a little bit and stops untill lever is returned to neutral and moved again. Anyone have any ideas?

daniel-klaus
03-21-2009, 04:11 PM
I have an Allis Chalmers 645 B 1969, however not with original engine, and no cabin.
Did these models have a cabin or only the FA had cabins?

regards,
DK

doinok
03-22-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure, Maybe someone else can help! My 745 has ROPS w/inclosed cab.

RICH800
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Looking for any that refurbs electronic modules for 1999 fiat allis ft110 backhoe. For 4 wheel steering??????????? Thanks rich

assocpowertrain
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I have an Allis Chalmers 645 B 1969, however not with original engine, and no cabin.
Did these models have a cabin or only the FA had cabins?

regards,
DK

I think only the FA had cabins...I could be wrong here

Komatsu 150
06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
A quarry here bought a 645 new and ran it for years and many thousands of hours. It was in the 60's and I believe it was the first series not even a B. Had a cab from new. It may have been aftermarket but looked more "factory" than the typical aftermarket cab of the day. When they went to bigger loaders it became a snow loader, wouldn't be surprised if it finished it's life with 40 or 50 thousand hours.

alanstr
06-20-2009, 12:31 AM
I need some sheet metal parts for a FR15B.Anybody have a machine theyre parting out?

love my ham
06-10-2011, 03:45 PM
dose anyone know a good place to find manuels for a fl10c.

Thanks!

trost66
01-17-2012, 10:35 AM
To the OP nice machine. Looks great.

volikos
02-26-2013, 09:30 PM
I have been running a Fiat 645B since 1998 and have had our fare share of problems but it is soley used for loading trucks onsite at a retail yard and not 10 hours per day on a construction site. I was hoping to reopen this thread to see if anyone out there knows what skeleton front buckets might fit for my loader whether its meant for a Cat or Case or just an old Fiat bucket someone is looking to part with.
Thanks!

curb guy
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
I have been running a Fiat 645B since 1998 and have had our fare share of problems but it is soley used for loading trucks onsite at a retail yard and not 10 hours per day on a construction site. I was hoping to reopen this thread to see if anyone out there knows what skeleton front buckets might fit for my loader whether its meant for a Cat or Case or just an old Fiat bucket someone is looking to part with.
Thanks!

Try Crane And Tractor,Columbus, ohio.Ask for Jerry. He knows Fiat machines like noone else.

volikos
02-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks!