05-30-2012 until 06-30-2013
New Forum--Industry Interaction
We're pleased to announce an addition to HEF! A new forum: Industry Interaction --Where industry trades may interact with members, special promotions, R & D, etc.
It can be found in the "Administrative Duties" section of the forums.
To inaugurate the new forum, Werk Brau is sponsoring a Customer Appreciation Give-away. Take a look, and get in line for some really cool stuff from Work Brau!
08-19-2010 until 09-19-2020
"Forum Rules," and "Posting troubles for new members"
Until the "Forum Rules " button is repaired, they're posted here, as follows:
Heavy Equipment Forums Membership Rules and Guidelines
It is the intent of this site’s administration to offer professionals of the heavy equipment industry a forum and a comfortable enjoyable environment in which to exchange ideas, questions, answers and comments regarding heavy equipment and related topics. Anyone involved in any aspect of the heavy equipment industry, be it a company owner, owner/operator, operator, repair technician, safety officer, training officer, etc., is encouraged to register and participate.
- This site will be run in a professional manner and as such, posting guidelines have been established to maintain professionalism.
- Standard English is the official language of Heavy Equipment Forums, all posts must be made in English. Posts appearing in a language other than English will be removed from the Board.
- No profanity or vulgar language will be permitted. Some words have been automatically censored by the message board program, any attempt to fool the censor program by misspelling or otherwise disguising words which have been censored will be considered an attempt to post the original censored word. Please use the same polite language you would in speaking with a customer.
- No posts, or posting of links, suggesting or encouraging any illegal activity will be permitted.
- No posting, or posting of links with references to pornography or other sexually suggestive material is permitted.
- No discussion of politics not directly related to the heavy equipment industry will be permitted. References to individuals, political beliefs, or parties, made using derogatory terms will not be permitted within these posts. Example: "Flaming lefty", "right wing zealot" or other similar type label.
- No posts of religious, racist or ethnic content may be made. Posts containing characterizations based on race, religion, or ethnicity will be considered inappropriate.
- No posting of personal information (addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.) other than your own is permitted. When posting, be aware that this information is available to anyone with a computer or other device with access to on line services.
- This site is designed for the exchange of information. It is not however, intended to provide members with a forum to trash one manufacturer or employer over another. Accounts of third party experiences are discouraged, unless you were on hand to witness any problem the third party may have had with a particular machine or employer.
- An Internet troll, or simply "troll" in internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion. (Source Wikipedia). Trolling is prohibited and will result in dismissal from the Board.
- The "One Trick Pony" Rule: The Forums are not intended to furnish people with a venue for single-mindedly promoting their personal agenda. Staff may ask users to limit or refrain from posting on a certain topic.
- Personal attacks of any kind on other members will not be tolerated. While disagreements in opinions and procedures may arise, they must be handled in a mature and civil manner.
- Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.
Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.
- Posting in ALL CAPS is prohibited. Members in violation will receive one warning, after which any further posts in ALL CAPS will be removed.
- This site is moderated, any posts deemed unsuitable for any reason may be removed or edited. No member may modify a Moderator’s edit.
- Disrespect of a Heavy Equipment Forums staff member is not permitted.
- Dependent on severity of the violation, members who are in non-compliance with the rules will be either warned of such, suspended, or banned immediately from heavyequipmentforums.com. Members who have been banned or suspended may not re-apply under another username.
- If any issues arise that are not addressed within these rules and guidelines, a directive may be issued by the Heavy Equipment Forums staff. This directive will carry the same status as if it were a written rule and the same consequences will apply if it is disregarded.
I want to thank you for your interest in Heavy Equipment Forums.com and look forward to posting with everyone.
09-11-2007 until 10-12-2027
New Members: Posting Troubles
As of August 29, 2012, the "Probationary Member" status has changed.
As can be seen below, the "Probationary" step was mainly intended to prevent spammers from posting threads. What we found was that they'd make posts in existing threads anyway, so it wasn't really achieving its intended purpose, but it was making a lot of legitimate new members jump through unnecessary hoops to get to the required three posts.
That three post limit is no longer in effect. A new member should be able to start a thread with their first post.
The Probationary Member restrictions remain on Private Messages, Emails, posting of signatures and signature pictures, but those have never been the subject of any confusion or complaint that we're aware of.
The earlier policy remains posted below, simply to illustrate the change.
Thanks for joining us here at Heavy Equipment Forums!! When you registered, you joined the "Probationary Member" group which does not allow you to start new threads. This has been done to control automated "spambots" which attack this Board daily. You may post in existing threads, and once you have done so 3 times, you are automatically promoted to "Full Member" status. If you are posting to a thread simply to raise your post count, please do so in the "Test" forum. You may post three times to the same thread for the same results. It will take at least one hour after making your third post, or to log out, and then log back in, for the program to recognize your new privileges and at this point you will be able to start threads in any forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.
01-04-2007 until 02-04-2020
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums.com!!
Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page.
We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy.