• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2000 JLG 450A "no forward only reverse"

JLGRI

Everything works on this lift except moving forward. I have checked the EDC on the drive pump and that is working. the manual lever moves freely back and forth also. The drive control stick in the basket is only 3 months old and worked great. I checked the wires in the basket on the #10 circuit for "drive fwd" and they seem fine I also looked them over in the ground control box on #16.

I think the next step is to make sure I am getting +voltage (orange wires) at the drive solenoid for reverse and forward functions. (5 volts i think)

Reverse works and travels well so I know that it is releasing the brakes. Should i try swapping the orange wires at the edc (plug jumper) to see if its a bad wire for fwd?

thanks
ben

2000 JLG 450A bone stock

JLGRI

I was able to fix this today with the help of some telephone support from a real jlg expert. The solution came after ruling out a bad drive solenoid. On my lift the solenoid has 4 wires going into it 2 for fwd and 2 for rev. Since reverse worked i was able to switch the wires and confirm that the solenoid was working. this gave me fwd but disabled reverse. (I should be clear that the unit went forward with the reverse command) now I knew that the issue was in the wiring somewhere. I checked the ground control box and those wires are really clean in there. I inspected, cleaned and reinserted. what I found was the basket fwd wires had corrosion. a simple clean and retighten and the lift is running great.